High quality heavy duty alumimiun enclosure with shock absorbers fitted!
This caddy comes with separate USB power cable which must be connected to the computer before connecting the USB/Firewire data cable. There is also a 5V DC in jack so that users can plug in an an external power supply (5V 1.5A, not supplied) in case computer does not supply sufficient power. The indication of insufficient power supply is that the hard drive is completely still/silent or keeping clicking.
Unit size: 12.8 x 8 x 1.1 cm (W x D x H), weight: 110 g.
Usage & features
This external caddy coverts an normal 2.5″ laptop hard drive into a portable external data storage by just inserting the hard drive inside the enclosure.
- True Plug & Play, no setting required, no driver installation (Windows ME & 2000 or above)
- Support Drag & Drop file manipulation, no special software required
- Support ATA/IDE hard drive of all make (max. capacity 100 GB);
- Super slim & compact size: attractive & fashionable;
- Hot inserting & swapping supported; no need to turn off computer to plug and unplug this device;
- Active LED power indicator
- For PC:
IBM PC compatible 400 MHz or higher; Available USB port. Windows 98/2000/ME or higher
- For MAC: PowerPC G3, G4, or iMAC; OS9 or higher; Free disk space: 40 MB.