After the successful launch of Silver Navigator enclosure for 3.5″ IDE/PATA hard drive, as the SATA starts to replace the IDE/PATA drives (2.5″ hard drive, 3.5″ hard drive, and 5.25″ DVD), Allcam issued the SATA version of the Silver Navigator. The new extenal caddy has sleeky feeling corners and much improved accessibility by placing all the control button in the front.
What is a hard drive enclosure for?
Just insert an 3.5″ SATA hard drive inside this Black Cyclone II enclosure, you will get an external hard drive which works simply by plugging into a USB 2.0 or Firewire port of a computer. Still not sure, check this step by step guide: How to make a external hard drive
- Support 3.5″ SATA hard drive of all make up to 750 GB
- Convert a normal 3.5″ SATA hard drive into an external hard drive in sec.
- Innovative front control panel: all control buttons & LED
indicators all in front
- Onetouch backup, Power ON/OFF buttons (in front)
- 3 LED lights: Power, USB, Data read/write
- High speed USB 2.0 interface (GL811 chip)
- Auto switch AC adapter
- Driverless for Windows ME, 2000, XP and MAC 9.X above.
- Size: 20 x 11 x 3.4 cm (L x W x H)
- OS support: Win 98/ME/2000/XP/2003; Mac OS9 or higher; Linux Kernel 2.4.x or above
FAQ: What is SATA hard drive, what is the difference between SATA hard drive and IDE hard drive?
Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive is designed to be a replacement for the old ATA ( also called Parallel ATA – PATA or IDE). They have different type of interface (see image below). The main adavantage over SATA of IDE/PATA is faster data speed, compact cables, and hot-swapping. Most 3.5″ SATA hard drives still retain the old 4pin power socket in addition to the new 15 pin SATA power socket (see image below), but you only need to connect one power source (not both).
Image of 3.5-inch IDE/ATA (PATA) hard drive interface
Image of 3.5-inch SATA hard drive interface
This 3.5″ SATA hard drive enclosure comes with accessories include USB2.0 AB cable, AC adapter, Quick-start Guide, Driver in CD-ROM (only required for windows 98)