This camera is refurbished. It is in excellent condition.
The Sanyo HD1000 is the latest addition to the award winning Xacti HD range. It records video in Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) and also takes 4-megapixel digital still images. The Sanyo HD1000 utilizes the advanced MPEG-4 AVC/H.246 video format and features a 10x optical HD lens and a large 2.7-inch widescreen display. The new SANYO Xacti HD1000 weighs only 268g and has a total volume of only 272 cubic centimetres. It incorporates advanced MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video compression, enabling up to approximately 85 minutes of Full HD (1920 x 1080) video recording or over five hours of TV-quality (640 x 480) video recording onto an 8GB SDHC Memory Card (memory card sold separately).
The key difference between Sanyo HD1000 and HD700 (or the older HD2) is the performance under low-light conditions. Normally when you take photo or video in low-light enviroment with compact digital cameras or camcorders, grainy images and distorted colours are very common. With Sanyo HD1000, you can immediately notice that the images are still very clear with highly faithful colours.
SANYO developed a new high-speed image processing engine to handle the high capacity demands of full HD data. This engine utilizes SANYO’s proprietary codec, enabling full HD compatibility with the AVC/H.264 format, and makes it possible to do with one simple yet powerful chip the complex processing which previously required two separate chips. The required high compression ratio is achieved due to optimisation of the image process algorithm actuator, while consuming a mere 4.2 watts of power.
New Ergonomic Design
Designed for easy, one-thumb operation, the HD1000 is comfortable to hold, even for extended periods. The camcorder is the first to incorporate ergonomic results based on collaborative research between SANYO and Japan’s Chiba University in regard to optimising the lens-to-grip angle to minimize strain on the muscle groups used while holding and recording. Extensive testing focused on muscle responses in six places in the right arm where the muscles are used during filming, as well as surveys asking for individual assessments and evaluations. As a result of these tests and responses, it was discovered that a lens-to-grip angle of 105 degrees was not as tiring, serving as actual proof that it was easier to use than other models with different angles. The angle subsequently used on the Sanyo HD1000, was optimal.
As part of its stylish new design, the Sanyo HD1000 also adds a distinctly useful feature frequently requested by users of previous SANYO Xacti camcorders – the ability to have the lens level with the ground when the device is used with a tripod.
Full 1080i HD Sensor
Incorporating the latest high-definition C-MOS sensor, the SANYO Xacti HD1000 camcorder captures full 1080i high-definition video (1920×1080) at 60 frames-per-second. Designed to record the rich and vibrant colours of real life, the HD1000 also captures the subtle tones to provide a natural-looking result. The HD1000’s C-MOS sensor provides the quick responsiveness needed to capture fast moving subjects and SANYO’s noise reduction technology helps obtain the cleanest signal from each pixel.
New “Xacti Library” Function for Easy File Saving and Playback*2
The large data size of full HD movies, along with demanding file saving and playback processing usually requires special hardware and/or burning video to a disc. The HD1000’s new “Xacti Library” feature makes it exceptionally easy to save video and image files by simply connecting the included USB cable*3 from the docking station to an external hard disk drive*4 (hard drive not included). After connecting the docking station to an external hard drive and to a television (via an HDMI cable), the user places the camera into the docking station and – using the menu that appears on the television screen – can search through the thumbnails and choose either to play the file or save it to the external hard disk as required.
10X Optical HD Lens
At the front of the Sanyo HD1000 is a commanding 10x all-glass HD lens. The HD1000’s fast f/1.8-2.5 lens is capable of allowing almost four times more light through to assist in lower light venues. Consisting of eight groups and eleven total lenses with a built-in neutral density filter, the HD1000’s lens provides a spectacular field-of-view with a 38-380 mm range (35 mm equivalent). Combined with the 10x digital zoom, the HD1000 provides up to 100x total zooming capability.
Large 2.7” Widescreen Display
The Sanyo HD1000 features a large 2.7 inch widescreen Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). The display flips out from the camera and rotates up to 285 degrees on its axis, allowing you to take great video or still images even from difficult-to-view positions, which is especially useful when shooting in large crowds or confined spaces.
4 MegaPixel Digital Images
The Sanyo Xacti HD1000 enables simultaneous shooting of 4-megapixel still images and HD movie clips, with a simple press of the shutter button during the recording of a video clip. Users need never miss another precious photo opportunity. (Depending on the mode used to take still images, simultaneous video clip shooting may be interrupted. While shooting video clips, using the digital image stabilizer may change the angle of view for still images.)
HDMI High Definition Output
It’s easy to view and share high-definition video on your HD television with the Sanyo HD1000. Using the HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) terminal built into the base station, just one cable connects your camcorder to your TV for a totally digital output. HDMI carries both the video and audio signals in digital form for the highest quality playback.
Records to convenient SD/SDHC Memory Card
The SANYO Xacti HD1000 records high-definition and photos directly to a standard SD or SDHC Memory Card. In fact, the HD1000 is capable of recording approximately 85 minutes of 1080i high-definition video on a single 8GB card (sold separately). The SD Memory Card’s compact size and weight makes it ideal for the diminutive Sanyo HD1000. The minimal power requirements of the SD card also contribute to longer recording and playback times. When connected to the computer via the USB cable, the Sanyo HD1000 acts as a standard card reader. Transferring images and videos to your computer has never been easier.
High Definition will emphasise shaky or erratic camera movement. That’s why SANYO HD1000 comes with a sophisticated image stabilizer for both video and stills. This handy feature operates in both wide-angle and telephoto modes, giving every shot a solid, professional-looking feel. For video-compatible anti-shake correction, SANYO further developed the digital stabilizer based on previous proprietary image stabilizer technology, and has advanced the technology to be more accurate in its correction, by increasing the image area detection function. Also, SANYO has further developed its proprietary “Superposition function” for higher still image quality. This function allows for clear pictures of the subject even when moving or rotation occurs.
Automatic “Face Chaser” Function for Still Images
The Sanyo HD1000 includes a new “Face Chaser” function that automatically detects and isolates faces to assist the camera’s exposure and auto-focus. The HD1000 is capable of detecting up to 12 independent faces at a time whilst photographing groups. Depending on the area, auto exposure is also compatible with AF emphasis on the people in the centre. When looking at photos taken using this face detecting technology, users can zoom in on one particular face and see clearly the facial expression of each subject.
The Sanyo HD1000 features versatile manual controls for advanced shooting. The following settings can be manually adjusted according to the shooting situation: Manual focus adjustment (16 settings); aperture adjustment (6 stops); exposure compensation (1.8 EV, 0.3 EV steps); shutter speed (13 settings); and image-quality adjustment (for sharpness and colour saturation).
Additional HD1000 Features:
- Random Access: Each video is recorded as an individual MPEG-4 and each still as a JPEG so you can have true random access allowing you to review a specific image or video quickly and easily, without waiting for tape rewinding or fast forwarding.
- Easy Camera to PC Connection: One of the more frustrating aspects of working with any digital media camera is juggling all the wires and connections necessary when you want to use it with external components for viewing or to download files. SANYO’s HD1000 streamlines the whole process with an innovative docking station that provides an instant HDMI, component, composite or S-video connection to a TV and a USB connection for a PC. The HD1000 even recharges its internal battery when nested in the docking station.
- Super fast Startup: With its tapeless design, the HD1000 eliminates the need to queue up a tape deck or get a DVD or hard drive spinning, allowing the HD1000 to begin shooting in as little as two seconds! When the HD1000 is powered on, closing the LCD display puts the HD1000 in standby mode. Simply open the display and the HD1000 automatically powers up and can begin immediately recording in as little as two seconds.
- Equipped with ‘SIMPLE’ mode so even beginners can create high quality, beautiful high definition movies
- Defaults for automatic settings can be accessed quickly with the “Full-Auto” button
- Adopts newly developed 2.7 inch 230,000 pixel, widescreen TFT-LCD monitor designed for viewing HD footage.
- Bundled with “Nero 7 Essentials” for playback and “Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 SE” for editing.
- Newly developed and long-lasting 1900 mAh Lithium-ion battery (DB-L50)
- Allows the use of external accessories such as an external strobe, video light, microphone, etc.
- Optional adapter lenses for increased telephoto or wide-angle conversion
- Six selectable video resolution modes and eight selectable still photo resolutions
- Continuous Still Image Shooting function – 7 frames per second*5
Able to take still pictures while in the middle of Full HD movie recording*6
- 9-image quick display function
- In-camera editing
- 48 kHz, 16-bit, 2-channel sound
- Headphone Jack
- Approximate battery use time:- Continuous Movie Filming – 120 minutes, Stills Shooting – 340 stills, Continuous Playback – 275 minutes
- For consumer-use Full HD digital movie cameras, size is by volume (as of August 30, 2007)
- Via docking station
- Uses a special cable (included), HDMI cable sold separately
- SANYO does not guarantee that the docking station will be compatible with all external hard disk drives.
- Recorded as 4.0 Mega-pixels
- Recorded as 2.0 Mega-pixels
FAQ: I have problem to playback the photo/video from Sanyo HD1000 to my TV ?
- If you connect the Sanyo VPC- HD1000 Camcorder to the TV via the mini AV jack, then make sure the plug is pluged in fully till all the metal parts of the plug is completely immersed inside the camera, you may need to push a little bit harder than usual.
- If you connect the Sanyo HD1000 to the TV via the dock, then make sure the mains adapter is utilized and connected to the mains AC power supply.
- Sanyo VPC-HD1000 Digital Camcorder/Camera in Black
- Multi-Language User Manuals/Quick Start Guide
- Software DVD
- DB-L50 Rechargeable Battery
- Battery Charger and power cable
- Multi-port Dock (HDMI, Video, USB)
- Composite Audo/Video Cable
- S-Video/Composite AV 2-in-1 Cable
- USB cable
- Remote Control
- Soft Case
These Sanyo HD1000 Digital Camcorders/Video Cameras are refurbished with 30 days warranty.
There are no reviews yet.