Nikon Soft Focus #1 Filter for Nikkor Lens with 52mm filter ring size. Soft Focus Filter reduces contrast and create a soft halo around the highlights, ideal for creating a hint of softness or blurred contours.
Allcam also stock the Nikon 52mm Soft Focus #2 Filter for the same price. Nikon soft focus #1 filter is good for portrait, the #2 is stronger and produces a fog like effect in landscapes a small subject surrounded by large dark areas.
Key Features of Nikon 52mm Soft Focus #1 Filter
- Recommended for creating “Romantic-style” portraits of children or young women, or for softening the lines and the faces of older people.
- Also useful for producing abstract close-up shots of flowers.
- The filter has a special coating which imparts a slight flare to the image, without blurring.
- Regardless of the f/stop used, the effect will be the same.
- Features NIC, Nikon Integrated Coating, for even light transmission
A soft focus lens deliberately introduces spherical aberration in order to give the appearance of blurring the image while retaining sharp edges; it is not the same as an out-of-focus image, and the effect cannot be achieved simply by defocusing a sharp lens.
The soft focus effect is used as an effect for glamour photography, because the effect eliminates blemishes, and in general produces a dream-like image.
These Nikon 52mm Soft Focus #1 Filters are brand new in retail box, full 2 years warranty.