The Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS is an excellent lens for APS-C sized EOS digital SLR cameras. It combines a very useful zoom range with image stabilization in a light and well-performing package. Its 4-stop Image Stabilizer provides great performance in low light conditions.
With a focal length equivalent of 29-88mm in 35mm format, the lens’ wide zoom range is suitable for most general photography. For close-up work, auto focus continues to work at distances of just 0.25m (25cm) throughout the zoom range. To minimize risk of image blur, the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS incorporates Canon’s latest 4-stop compensation Image Stabilizer technology. This allows photographers to use shutter speeds up to 4 times slower with no perceptible increase in image blur – ideal for shooting in low light. As well as ensuring true color balance and sharp, high contrast images, Super Spectra coatings combat ghosting and flare by absorbing light reflecting off digital camera sensors or internal lens elements. An aspherical lens element delivers crisp, high contrast images even with the aperture fully opened.
Key Features of Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
- 4-stop Image stabilised Lens for reliable operation
- Super Spectra coating reduces flare and ghosting
- Fast auto focus with 25cm close focusing distance
- Aspherical element, with filter size – 58mm
- Light and compact:
- Compatible with entry level EOS digital SLR cameras including 500D , 450D, 400D, 300D, 20Da, 350D, 20D, 30D, 10D, D60, D30
All the Canon entry-level Digital SLR cameras are APS-C size so they are compatible with this EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens including: Canon EOS 7D, 500D (T1i), 50D, 1000D, 40D, 400D, 30D, 450D, 550D, 20Da, 350D, 20D, 300D, 10D, D60, D30
Note: These Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens will not work with the following Canon cameras because they are not APS-C size (5D Mk II, 5D, 1Ds Mk III, 1Ds Mk II, 1Ds ). They will not work properly with the Canon APS-H DSLRs either: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV, 1D Mark III , 1D Mark II (and Mark II N), EOS-1D
- Angle of view (horzntl, vertl, diagnl) 64°30′ – 23°20′, 45°30′ – 15°40′, 74°20′ – 27°50′
- Lens construction (elements/groups) 11-Sep
- No. of diaphragm blades 6
- Minimum aperture 22-38¹
- Closest focusing distance (m) 0.28
- Maximum magnification (x) 0.10 (Wide); 0.28 (Tele)
- AF actuator Micro Motor
- Filter diameter (mm) 58
- Max. diameter x length (mm) 68.5 x 79.9
- Weight (g) 190
- Magnification with Extension Tube EF12 0.81 – 0.23
- Magnification with Extension Tube EF25 0.92 – 0.51¹
- Lens hood EW-60C
- Hard case –
- Soft case LP814
- G.F.Holder III (hood III*) 0
- G.F.Holder IV (hood IV*) 0
Minimum aperture ¹ f/22-36 for cameras featuring a 1/3-stop increments
Magnification with Extension Tube EF25 ¹ Only compatible at Tele (not in wide angle).
*Maximum number of Hood III/IV attachable. In case of zoom lenses, the maximum number applies to the short focal length
These Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS are brand new, in white box (pulled from camera bundle), 2 years warranty
There are no reviews yet.