Following our most popular ever IT-735 3.5-inch hard drive enclosure, the new IT735U3 extenal HDD caddy upgraded the USB 2.0 port to a USB 3.0 port for those customers who are after extreme high speed data tranfer ( USB3 can be ten times faster than USB2 theoretically). All other features were preserved, such as e-SATA port, sleeky feeling corners, and all the controls and connections in the front.
USB 3.0 is the next generation high speed data transfer connections, it support data transfer speed up to 5Gbps which is 10 x faster than the existing USB 2.0 interface. USB3 is another major revision of the ubiquitous Universal Serial Bus and a major upgrade to the existing USB 2.0 interface. USB 3.0 achieves the much higher performance by way of a number of technical changes. An extra physical bus is added in parallel with the existing USB 2.0 bus which allows 4 more (2 pairs) of differential signals (receive and transmit). Furthermore, USB 3.0 utilizes a bi-directional data interface rather than USB 2.0’s half-duplex arrangement, where data can only flow in one direction at a time.
If you don’t have USB 3 port in your computer now, don’t worry this device is backward compatabile with USB 2.0 ports (normal USB 2.0 A-B cable required, optional). So you can still make use of the ultra speed of USB 3.0 in the future when you get a new computer or a USB 3.0 PCI card.
In addition to the convenient USB 3.0 port, this new hard drive enclosure also have the e-SATA interface. Practically e-SATA can achieve much higher data transfer rate than USB 2.0 (and faster than USB 3.0 too) because there is no bridge chips involved.
Key Features of IT735U3 3.5″ SATA hard drive enclosure
- Convert any 3.5″ SATA hard drive into an external hard drive in seconds, support both SATA-I and SATA-II Note: IDE (P-ATA) type hard drives are not supported. One of the easily-spot difference is the IDE drives with 44 sharp pins and SATA drives only 2 blocks of flat pins
- Innovative front control panel: control buttons & connection ports all in front for easy access
- Inovative design and tool-free assembling: two aluminium plates sandwiching the main chasis, maintain the weight low yet still heat transfer friendly, quick and easy to install hard drives
- Dual external connections: high speed USB 3.0 and e-SATA ports, USB3 port is downward compatible with USB2.0 ports
- Full plug & play, hot-swappable
- OS support: Windows 2000/XP/2003 / VISTA, Win 7, Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), Mac OS9 or higher, Linux Kernel 2.4.x or above
- Dimensions: 20 x 11 x 3.4 cm (L x W x H), Weight: 300g
If you need help on fixing your hard drive inside this enclosure, Click here for the step-by-step guide
- IT735U3 USB3 /e-SATA Hard Drive Enclosure
- USB 3.0 A-B cable
- e-SATA cable
- 240V /110V Auto-switching Mains Adapter
- Enclosure stand
- Quick-start Guide
FAQ: What is SATA hard drive, what is the difference between SATA hard drive and IDE hard drive?
Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive is designed to be a replacement for the old ATA ( also called Parallel ATA – PATA or IDE). They have different type of interface (see image below). The main advantage over SATA of IDE/PATA is faster data speed, compact cables, and hot-swapping. Most 3.5″ SATA hard drives still retain the old 4pin power socket in addition to the new 15 pin SATA power socket (see image below), but you only need to connect one power source (not both).
Image of 3.5-inch IDE/ATA (PATA) hard drive interface
Image of 3.5-inch SATA hard drive interface
These IT735U3 eSATA / USB3 hard drive enclosures are brand new, in retail box, 2 years warranty
There are no reviews yet.