Allcam S25 is a sleek & beautiful enclosure for converting an internal 2.5" SATA hard drives into a portable external hard drive. It consists one plastic chasis sandwiched between two solid aluminium plates. The plastic chasis provide some degree of shock-protection for the hard drive (fitted inside the enclosure). The aluminium plates has oxidation treated surface which makes it smooth as well as hard.
Converting an internal SATA hard drive into an external hard drive made easy with this enclosure, even for a people with very little knowledge/confidence with computers! This SATA hard drive enclosure is designed to make it easy and fast to install 2.5" SATA hard drive inside: push the button to open the top lid, slide the hard drive in, close the top lid, and you have a portable hard drive ready to use. It is recommened you do fix the hard drive to the plastic chasis via the included screws for better vibration protection.
We stock black and dark blue version, other colours are only available for bulk orders.
- Support 2.5" SATA-I and SATA-II hard drives (9.5mm thick or less, some Samsung SATA hard drives are 12.5mm thick which is big for the enclosure)
- Convert a SATA hard drive into a pocket hard drive in seconds
- USB 2.0 high speed data transfer
- Y-Shape USB2 cable to extract power from two USB ports to power large capacity SATA hard drives (60GB or higher)
- Plastic chasis for vibration reduction (shock protection for the hard drive)
- Oxidation treated aluminium surface
- Beautiful and sleek design
- Slim & highly portable, easily fit in your pocket
- Fully plug & play and hot-swappable
- Active LED light
- Dimensions: 12.8 x 7.8 x 1.2 cm
- Weight: 60 g (without hard drive)
- Allcam S25 USB 2.0 2.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure (in Black)
- USB 2.0 Cable (Y-Shape, with two plugs going to computers)
- Soft pouch
FAQ 1: Does this enclosure support all 2.5" hard drives?
No. This only support the new laptop hard drives with SATA interface and the thickness of the hard drive should be 9.5mm or less. If your 2.5" hard drives has the traditional ATA (ATA-5, ATA-6, ATA-7 ...) interface, then click USB 2.0 laptop hard drive enclosure
FAQ 2: Do I have to use two USB ports to use the portable hard drive (assembled from this enclosure)?
It depends on both the computer and the hard drive fitted inside:
- While one USB port is sufficient for many desktops, two USB ports is required for most laptops.
- While one USB port can supply sufficient power for many 20GB/40GB hard drives, most large capacity hard drives consumes more power than one USB port can supply (max 500mA) so two USB ports are required.
FAQ 3. What is this 2.5" SATA Hard Drive Enclosure for?
These enclosures allow you to convert a 2.5" SATA hard drive into a portable hard drive. With a portable hard drive, you can easily transfer large amount of data from one computer to another (for example from office to home or home to office), or backup your regular changed files/folders, or simple as a extra data storage addon for your computer.
FAQ 4. My newly assembled portable hard drive is not shown in "My Computer"?
- If the hard drive installed in this enclosure is new, then you need to format the hard drive. For Windows user, pls Right Click on "My Computer" -->"Manage" -->"Disk Management", the computer will automatically start initialize the new hard drive, just click "Next" to follow. Then you will see your new hard drive listed as "Disk 1" (as "Disk 2" if you have two internal hard drives; or as "Disk 3" if you have three internal hard drives). Now right click on the black bar corresponding to the new hard drive, select the "Create partition", and follow the screem intructions to do the partitioning and formatting.
- It is also possible there is insufficient power supply, especial in the case of laptops or netbooks. This can be easily identied by hold the external drive in your hand, if hard drive is not spinning or keeps clicking then power supply is the problem. The Y-shape cable comes into rescue in this case, first plug the two big USB plugs into the computer, then connect the external hard drive.
FAQ 5. Is your enclosure compatible with the Samsung SpinPoint MT2 HM100UI 1TB 2.5" Hard drive ?
A: No. This particular Samsung 2.5" hard drive is 12.5mm thick, if you try to fix it inside this enclosure, you will not be able to close the upper lid. Although you can still access the hard drive via the USB cable just like a portable external hard drive.
These 2.5" SATA hard drive enclosures are brand new in retail box with full 12 months warranty.