The Allcam ELRCD10M safety RCD plug adaptor with 10-meter extension lead/cable. Just plugs into the mains, and then you plug your electrical appliance into it. If there is a fault or a short in the tool you are using, the unit cuts the power very quickly, reducing the risk of electrocution.
Key Features of Allcam RCD Extension Lead
- RCD extension lead plug is a life-saving device when trips the electricity when somebody or something touch the live wire
- Trips within 30ms (25% faster than competitor's) of accident, the faster tripping speed means lesers harmed (more safe) for the user
- 10-meter extension lead (1.5mm2 core) with 13A fused RCD plug adapter
- Conforms to BS7071 and BS1363/A British Standards
- Ideal for electrical tools such as lawnmowers, hedge trimmer, and hammer drills
Why Do I need an RCD extension lead? What's wrong with a normal extension lead?
An RCD, or Residual Current Device, is a life-saving device which is designed to prevent you from getting a fatal electric shock if you touch something live, such as a bare wire. The Allcam RCD extension lead continuously monitors the power supply to an electrical appliance and cuts off the power within 30 milliseconds if an earth current fault is detected. This RCD plug adapter is an ideal way to protect yourself when using electrical tools such as lawnmowers, hedge trimmer, and hammer drills.
Electrical appliances can become dangerous if the wiring becomes loose, damaged or gets wet, or if fingers, wet hair or other conductive bodies enter the appliance. The Allcam safety RCD plug adaptor / extension can save lives. An RCD adaptor is the simplest way of power protection for in and around the home. Ideally, you would use an RCD adaptor with any electrical appliance.
Note: the safety RCD plug adaptors are not suitable for pond pumps and other pond equipment as when these are removed the installation is unprotected.