It has never been so easy to convert a SATA HDD into an external hard drive with the Midte USB 3.0 adapter. Simply connect this match-box sized adapter to your SATA hard drive and plug in the power supply (it takes ~ 20 sec) , and you have a USB 3.0 external hard drive ready to plug into your computer. USB 3.0 is the next generation of high speed data transfer connections, it support data transfer speed up to 5Gbps which is 10 x faster than the existing USB 2.0 interface.
If you don't have USB 3 port in your computer now, don't worry this device is backward compatabile with USB 2.0 ports (normal USB 2.0 A-B cable required, optional). So you can still make use of the ultra speed of USB 3.0 in the future when you get a new computer or a USB 3.0 PCI card.
Key Features of Midte SA09 USB3.0 External Hard Drive Adapter
- Quick and Easy to convert your SATA hard drives into USB3 external hard drives, takes less than 30 sec
- Support all 2.5" and 3.5" SATA I/II Hard Drives (old IDE drives not compatible)
- USB 3.0 high speed data transfer up to 5Gbps
- USB mass storage complaint, driver-free for Windows 2000 / XP / VISTA / Win 7, Linux 2.4 and higher, Mac OS 9 and higher
- Backward compatible with USB 2.0 ports (normal USB 2.0 A-B cable required, optional)
- Package include USB 3.0 cable and 12V power supply
1. Do I have to use the mains power supply even if i am using this USB 3.0 external hard drive adapter for 2.5" laptop hard drives?
A: Yes. The superspeed also means more energy required when USB3 is active, power output from one USB port is simply not enough.
2. You mentioned that this USB3 adapter is backward compatible with USB 2.0 port, but why does it not work with my computer 's USB2 ports?
A: You will have to use a normal USB 2.0 A-B cable. We have these for £1/ea.
3. What is USB 3.0?
A: USB 3.0 is another major revision of the ubiquitous Universal Serial Bus and a major upgrade to the existing USB 2.0 interface. USB 3.0 achieves the much higher performance by way of a number of technical changes. An extra physical bus is added in parallel with the existing USB 2.0 bus which allows 4 more (2 pairs) of differential signals (receive and transmit). Furthermore, USB 3.0 utilizes a bi-directional data interface rather than USB 2.0's half-duplex arrangement, where data can only flow in one direction at a time.
- USB 3.0 exernal hard drive adatper for 2.5"/3.5" hard disk drives
- 110V /240V AC Auto-swtiching Main Adapter, output: 12V DC 2A
- USB 3.0 A-B cable (not good for using with USB 2.0 port)
- Quick Start Guide
Note : Optional USB 2.0 A-B cable is required if you want to use this USB3 external hard drive adapter in your USB 2.0 port, please select the option below.
These USB 3.0 external hard drive adapters are brand new in retail blister packing, 2 years warranty.