The Allcam S35DC is the ultimate external data storage solution for data-speed conscious professionals and economy-conscious DIYist. You can easily convert any SATA/ SATA II hard drives into an external storage, whether it is a 2.5" laptop hard drive or a 3.5" desktop hard drive.
For professionals who regularly transfer large amount of data between computers, you might want a little bit faster data speed in addition to the convenience of USB 2.0, and that's where e-SATA comes into play, it supports the full SATA II 3Gbps data transfer speed in comparision to the USB 2.0 (480 Mbps) and Firewire (400Mbps). In addition, e-sata interface does not suffer any interferences & loss of advanced features as USB 2.0 and Firewire interfaces because there is no bridge chip required for converting an internal SATA interface to an e-SATA port. Allcam also understand most computers do not come with any eSATA ports, so an SATA to e-SATA adapter bracket is included free in the package which allows convert an internal SATA interface to an external eSATA interface. An eSATA cable is also included for you to connect the docking station to the e-SATA port.
For amateurs, whether you want to access the data on an old hard drive, or want add more storage space to your computer but don't want to take the hassle to open the computer, look no further. You just insert the hard drive inside the docking station, and connect it to the USB or eSATA port of your desktop or laptop computer. The hard drive will be shown as a new drive (like F:) under "My Computer". New storage space (and your old data) is now available to you. (*Note: if the hard drive is brand new, then you will have to partition the hard drive before it shows under "My Computer", then format the hard drive before you can tranfer data inside.)
- Read and write all SATA hard drive conveniently by just insert the hard drive inside the dock
- Convert any SATA hard drive to an external hard drive in secconds; access the external hard drive at lightening fast data speed up to 3Gbps (eSATA)
- Compatible with both 2.5" laptop hard drives and 3.5" desktop hard drives (SATA only)
- Easiest and most economic way to add data storage for desktop and laptop computers (increase the hard drive volume)
- Easiest and most economic way to share and transfer large mount of data among computers
- Package Include free SATA to e-SATA adapter bracket and eSATA cable, enjoy lighting fast data transfer now!
- Combo interface: USB 2.0 and e-SATA
- Compatible with Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows VISTA
FAQ: My docking station is working on USB2 but not working on eSATA?
You will have to enable the AHCI in bios first. A lot of low end mother boards will force ide emulation over sata ports for better compatibility, so if AHCI is not in the bios then it is not supported. To use eSATA without AHCI capability you would need to have the external drive powered on before you start the computer each time (or go to Device Manager to scan new hardware if connected after computer powered on).
- S35DC SATA hard drive docking station with USB 2.0 and eSATA port
- SATA to eSATA adapter bracket
- Mains adapter (AC adapter)
- e-SATA cable and USB 2.0 Cable
These SATA hard drive docking station are brand new in retail box with full 12 months warranty.