The 3-position portable mat is the compact and foldable version of the popuplar Powermat Home/Office mat. This powermat wirelss charger also include one receiver for Nintendo DSi games console. You can charge your DSi console immediately on receipt of this bundle. You may also charge your Nintendo 3DS games console with minor modification to the receiver (see the FAQ below for reference)
The 3-position portable Mat can charge up to three devices simultaneously (you will need to buy Receivers separately). It looks great in any domestic or work environment and has been engineered to give you years of reliable performance.
Please don't get confused with the unbelievably low prices. Allcam has been a profitable business since its creation in 2002, and we only stocks 100% genuine Powermat products. We got over 100,000 units of various Powermat products as final clearance after Powermat was acquired by Duracell. Luckily (for us and our customers) Duracell didn’t take the stock from Powermat and the similar Duralcel branded wireless chargers are expected to cost at least 3 times more when they hit the market.
More info on Powermat Wireless Charger
Powermat pioneered the inductive-based wireless charging technology. The Powermat wireless charger system contains two essencial parts:
- Charging Mat (transmitter): the Mat plugs into the mains power and transmit the energy to the other part (Receiver). The Power mat comes in different shape and sizes, the common ones being the home/ office mat and portable mat, with 2 or 3 charging positions.
- Receiver: this part receives the energy and charges the battery (of your device). As you can imagine, there are different receivers for different devices but there is also a universal receiver called Powercube for many small gadgets like mobile phones (inc smart phones like iPhone. Blackberry, HTC), portable game consoles (PSP, 3DS), Sat Nav, Bluetooth headset, virtually anything which can normally be charged by a computer USB port.
So you must have both parts (Mat, Receiver) to charge your device. The so-called "wireless charging" does not mean there is no wires, it simply refers to the fact that there are no physical wire between the Mat and the Receiver. However the Powermat wireless charger system still presents an effective way to cut down home/ office clutter. For example, you no longer to keep one charger for your iPhone, one charger for your Sat Nav, and one charger for e-book reader... or you don't need to keep two sets of chargers (one for home and one for office), instead you can use the original set at home and Powermat wireless charger at office.
Powermat is also integrating the "wireless charging" technology directly into many devices. Basically those Powermat-enabled devices will have an integrated Receiver, making it one step closer to the zero wire solution.
- Powermat 3-position portable mat
- Mains adapter with both UK and EU plug
- Carry case
- Nintendo DSi Receiver back panel
1. Will this DSI receiver charge my Nintendo 3DS?
Yes but with some minor modifications. First cut off the side (closer to the plug), then insert the plug into the Nintendo 3DS, as shown in the pictures: