The new Panasonic FX35 compact digital camera is the first 10.1-megapixel camera with astonishing 25mm ultra-wide-angle LEICA DC lens (35mm equivalent). Capturing almost double the viewing space at the same shooting distance compared to ordinary 35mm cameras, the DMC-FX35 records remarkable images with unprecedented width and depth. The Panasonic DMC-FX35 features a new 25mm ultra wide-angle 4xOptical Zoom lens, 10.1 megapixels, Advanced Intelligent Auto Mode, Venus Engine IV processing engine and 720p HD (high-definition), 30fps movie recording capabilities.
Panasonic FX35 key features
- 10.1 Megapixels
- 25mm Ultra-wide angle lens, 4xOptical Zoom, upto 7.1x Extra Optical Zoom; 4xDigital Zoom
- 30fps High-Definition Motion Images and HD Output
- Large & Bright 2.5inch LCD: wide view angle
- 50MB Internal memory and expansion slot for SD/SDHC card
- MEGA OIS lens-shift optical image stabilization
- Intelligent Auto Mode for easy professional-looking photos
The Panasonic FX35 will be available in silver (DMC-FX35EB-S, FX35S), black (DMC-FX35EB-K, FX35K), and blue (DMC-FX35EB-A, FX35A) each with a distinctive finish or texture according to its colour.
25mm Ultra-Wide-Angle 4x Optical Zoom (25-100mm) f/2.8 Leica DC Lens and 10.1-Megapixel CCD
The 10.1-megapixel Panasonic FX35 boasts a 25mm Leica DC VARIO-ELMARIT high-quality lens with 4x optical zoom, offering f/2.8 brightness. The 25mm ultra-wide-angle lens records almost double the viewing space at the same shooting distance compared to other ordinary 35mm cameras and in 3-megapixel resolution mode, the Extra Optical Zoom function provides additional magnification, extending the zoom capacity to 7.1x by using the central part of the CCD.
The Easy Zoom feature of Panasonic FX35 shifts the lens instantly to full 4x optical zoom power at the touch of a dedicated button, and with a second touch, the zoom ratio is further extended to 7.1x by activating the Extra Optical Zoom function.
Great photography is not only for Professional Photographers anymore—Intelligent Auto Mode
The Panasonic Intelligent Auto mode, enhanced by Intelligent Exposure, digital red-eye correction, and Mega Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS), compensating for unsteady captures and Intelligent ISO Control to detect and suppress motion blur are built into the Panasonic DMC-FX35. Image stabilizing has been further advanced in the Panasonic FX35 by detecting accuracy and correcting misdemeanors thanks to new image-processing LSI, the Venus Engine IV.
Face Detection feature of Panasonic FX35 helps to recognize human faces and sets the focus and exposure automatically in relation to these, with up to 15 faces being located simultaneously and red-eye effects can be digitally corrected.
The Quick AF feature of Panasonic FX35 allows the camera to keep focusing on the subject without users having to press the shutter button halfway, to get the best results from any potential shooting opportunity by minimizing the AF time.
Newly incorporated Intelligent Exposure Function of Panasonic FX35 increases exposure only in under-exposed areas by detecting the brightness level part-by-part in the picture. For example if the background of an image includes sky, the Lumix DMC-FX35 automatically adjusts the aperture and shutter speed to keep the setting slightly under-exposed. This prevents a washed-out,dullness common with some cameras, as it brightens the area by only increasing the ISO in that area. If the background of an indoor portrait receives insufficient lighting from a flash and becomes dark, the ISO sensitivity is raised only in the low-lit area to make the image brighter without causing graininess in the subject’s face, resulting in a well balanced picture.
Exciting Options to Expand the Fun of Photography in the High-Definition Era
The Panasonic FX35 cameras have the ability to take 1920x1080 pixel HD (high-definition) photos that perfectly fit a wide-screen (16:9) HDTV for full-screen viewing. The new Lumix DMC-FX35 even records dynamic HD motion images in 1280 x 720p at a smooth 30 fps, in addition to WVGA (848 x 480) and normal VGA (640 x 480). With newly added HD component output capability, users can enjoy watching still and motion images in stunning HD quality by simply connecting the camera to a TV via an optional component cable (DMW-HDC2).
The Panasonic DMC-FX35 allows for slideshows to be formatted complete with music. This brand new function allows users to choose pictures and match music that best suits the selection from natural, slow, urban or swing and upload in a simple fashion. By doing so users have the ability to enhance tone and add personality and uniqueness to their slideshow with a variety of slide change effects. If compiled with HD photos in 1920 x 1080 pixels, users can watch these on a large-screen HDTV aided by an optional component cable.
High-Speed, High-Quality Image-Processing LSI further evolves into the Venus Engine IV
New image-processing LSI, Venus Engine IV, features more advanced signal processing technology for rendering even higher-quality images. Parallel noise reduction in both luminance signal and chromatic signal processing systems, a technology established by the previous Venus Engine III, is more sophisticated in the Panasonic FX35. This improvement not only produces clearer images in high ISO sensitivity recording, but also accurately reproduces details in low-lit areas of pictures taken at low ISO sensitivity. The Venus Engine IV also elevates the detection accuracy and corrective effect in both Mega O.I.S., preventing hand-shake, and Intelligent ISO Control, which suppresses motion blur.
The DMC-FX35’s multi-task image-processing engine, the Venus Engine IV, supports an incredibly fast response time. The shutter release time lag is an incredibly fast 0.005 seconds at its quickest and such a quick response time makes it easier to capture those sudden, spur-of-the-moment photo opportunities. In burst shooting mode the DMC-FX35 can snap 2.5 shots per second at full resolution.
The Venus Engine IV also supports a High Sensitivity mode that allows the DMC-FX35 to record at a setting of up to ISO 6400, sensitive enough to capture subjects in near-total darkness without using a flash.
Advanced 2.5-inch large intelligent LCD with 230,000-dot high resolution for easy shooting and playback
The Panasonic FX35 incorporates a large 2.5-inch, 230,000-dot high-resolution LCD screen for clear playback of shots and footage. Intelligent LCD function detects light conditions and automatically adjusts LCD backlighting. The High Angle mode makes the LCD screen extremely easy to view when the camera is held high, for example when shooting over a crowd.
Panasonic FX35 Specifications
• 1/2.33" Type CCD
• 10.7 million pixels total
• 10.1 million effective pixels
- Image sizes
• 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 3648 x 2736 pixels, 3072 x 2304 pixels, 2560 x 1920 pixels, 2048 x 1536 pixels, 1600 x 1200 pixels, 640 x 480 pixels
• 3:2 Aspect Ratio: 3648 x 2432 pixels, 3072 x 2048 pixels, 2560 x 1712 pixels, 2048 x 1360 pixels
• 16:9 Aspect Ratio: 3648 x 2056, 3072 x 1728 pixels, 2560 x 1440 pixels,1920 x 1080 pixels
- Movie clips
• 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 640 x 480 pixels, 320 x 240 pixels 30 fps, 10 fps
• 16:9 Aspect Ratio: 848 x 480 pixels 30 fps, 10 fps
• HD （16:9 Aspect Ratio）: 1280x720 30fps, 15fps
- File formats
• JPEG (EXIF 2.21)
• QuickTime (Motion JPEG)
• 25 - 100mm (35mm equiv.)
• 4.4 - 17.6mm
• Wide: F2.8 - 5.6
• LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT
• 7 elements in 6 groups (4 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces)
- Image stabilization MEGA O.I.S lens-shift stabilization
- Conversion lenses No
- Digital zoom Yes, up to 4x
• Quick AF On/Off
- AF area modes
• 3-point high speed
• 1-point high speed
- AF assist lamp Yes
- Focus distance
• Normal: 50cm - infinity
• Macro / Intelligent AUTO: Wide 5cm / Tele 50cm - infinity
- Metering Intelligent Multiple
- ISO sensitivity
• High Sensitivity Mode : Auto (1600 - 6400)
- Exposure compensation ± 2EV, 1/3EV steps
- Exposure bracketing ± 1/3 EV ~ 1EV step, 3 frames
- Shutter speed
• 8-1/2000 sec
• Starry Sky Mode : 15, 30, 60sec
• Wide: F2.8 - F8 Tele: F5.6 - F8
• Intelligent AUTO
• Normal Picture
• Motion Picture
- Scene modes
Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-Portrait,
Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial photo, Underwater
- White balance
• White Set
- White balance fine tune ± 10steps, except for auto set
Self timer 2, 10 sec
- Continuous shooting
• Full-Resolution Image: 2.5 frames/sec Max. 5 images (Standard mode), Max 3 images (Fine Mode)
• High-speed Burst Mode: Approx. 6 frames/sec (recorded in 2M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
- Image parameters
Standard, Natural, Vivid, Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm
• Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
• Range: 0.6 - 6.0m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.5 - 3.0m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Viewfinder No
- LCD monitor
• 2.5" TFT LCD Display
• 230K dots
• Field of View : approx. 100%
• AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode, High angle mode
• USB2.0 High speed
• AV Output (NTSC/PAL)
• DC Input
- Print compliance • PictBridge
• SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard (Still image only)
• 50MB internal memory
• Li-ion battery
• Charger included
• AC adaptor (optional)
- Weight (no batt) 125 g (4.4 oz)
- Dimensions 94.7 x 51.9 x 22.0 mm (3.7 x 2.0 x 0.9 in)
- Panasonic DMC-FX35 Digital Camera in Black (FX35K)
- Battery Charger
- Rechargeable Lithion Battery Pack (DMW-BCE10)
- AV & USB Cables
- Software CD-ROM (PhotofunStudio -viewer-, ArcSoft® MediaImpression™, ArcSoft® Panorama Maker™, QuickTime, Adobe Reader, USB Driver)
This Panasonic FX35 Digital Camera is refurbished in original box with 30 days warranty.